If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Elva #78 and 79


One careful study and one quick sketch.   Baby toads are so sweet.  He was barely an inch long and had such a big head.  The toads have just recently emerged from their tadpole stage.  I sketched him from one of my photos and then added watercolor.

The turkey painting didn't scan as warm as the original looks.  I wanted to capture the golden grasses and the open oak forest  with lots of turkeys foraging for grasshoppers, lizards, seeds, etc.  Sketched on location and most of the color added after I got home.  Painted in my journal (which means it wasn't good paper).

1 comment:

Kelly said...

love, love, love that little toad! He's as cute as can be!