If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, December 28, 2009

Lily Pond - Krista


  #1 of 100 Paintings
Watercolor, 3.5" x 5", 140 lb Arches Cold Press


Ok, I guess I’ll go first.  I’ve already done about 18 paintings because I didn’t want to wait until the first of the year to start.  I was afraid I might lose momentum if I didn’t start right after the latest class ended.

First of all, thank you so much, Laure, for providing a forum like this, where we can share our paintings and keep each other motivated in this goal.  Thank you also for providing any feedback necessary.  You are very generous with your time in doing so.

For this painting, I deliberately chose something with hard lines and a dark background.  I knew it wasn’t going to be a pretty painting, more of an exercise.  I don’t even mind that it is opaque, because my goal was to get really heavy with the pigment without too much mud, but at the same time, I wanted it subdued.  Tried varying the greens a little and tried not to blend too much.  This was a painting demo out of a book titled, “The Big Book of Painting Nature in Watercolor, but I don’t have the photo reference handy.

Also blogged about on my personal blog, describing a more personal point of view.  Click on my blog link at left, then my 100 Paintings Gallery.

4 comments:

K said...

I should probably leave a generic comment here for e-mail follow up comments.

Laure Ferlita said...

Lovely color variations in this. It has a very strong graphic feel to it that I very much like!

K said...

Thanks, Laure!

Gabrielle said...

Good for you Krista! I'm so glad you are doing this!!!!