If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Paintings from My Trip

Dowitchers
Elva # 84-87

My husband and I recently got back for a 5 night camping trip.  For once I had lots of time to paint ...  We found a spot where we could park near a variety of birds.  Dale photographed while I painted.  The spot was such a treasure we spent three sessions there.  For more about it go to my blog:  www.elvafieldnotes.blogspot.com


late afternoon sun on a white pelican

Another white pelican.  They all fell asleep before we left.

Two black-necked Stilts sleep.
All these were painted on location in my Aquabee Sketchbook.

3 comments:

Claire M said...

Wow.... do you have a way with birds! My favorites (although I love them all!) are the cute little ones in the first image and the dynamite reflections in the wet sand for the last image. Quite a delight to see.

Laure Ferlita said...

Looks like you hit the jackpot, Elva! These are all well observed. As I usually think of you deep in Yellowstone, I have to say I was quite surprised to see shorebirds!

Kelly said...

...these are some of my all-time favorites of yours, Elva. I love the light feel and the looseness. They are beautiful.