If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, October 1, 2011

# 4 pencil sketch

This challenge is a special one for me as I want to finally be able to paint portraits and figures in watercolour. So I will not be sticking to the same medium, but rather sharing the process of my learning. I copied this picture from a book of sketches, to see if I could draw a face. This is the result
The picture came out much better than I expected, but I realised that I need  a lot more practice in drawing figures in proportion. I have been looking at some books and feel I need to do quick sketches not only from pictures, but also from real life! I wish I could spend all my time drawing and painting, but life seems to take over!

No comments: