If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Watercolor Still Life #35 Dora Sislian Themelis

#35 Two Sunflowers 9c)2011 Dora Sislian Themelis
14x20 Watercolor on Lanaquarelle paper
Another still life using my own photographs of the sunflowers from the vegetable share makes this watercolor painting #35 in the challenge. I finished this work in three twenty minute intervals, allowing me to step away and keep details to a minimum.

4 comments:

liz Cutler said...

Well placed touches of red and green. Love the decisive brushstrokes, and the strong contrast.

irinasztukowski said...

I love the SunFlowers. But this one blew my mind away. So beautiful and so precise!
Thank you,
Irina

Kelly said...

...it's beautiful, Dora! The petals seem to glow with the sun. I like to step away from my watercolors too. It seems to save me from muddiness a lot.

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

Thanks for the great comments ladies!