If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Elva # 62 and 63

Haven Farm

The people who own Haven Farm take such pride in their yard and house .... and have the best U-pick blueberry patch I know of.  On opening day we arrived half an hour early to get in line for the opening.  Waiting for the patch to open gave me a chance to sketch.  

I added paint the next day -- after Dale and I had our 113 pounds of blueberries in the freezer.

Bee Paper's Aquabee Super Deluxe sketchbook 93# paper.


After painting the first one I got an itch to paint a simpler farmhouse on better paper and without the ink.  I like how the sun hit the house in the first one and was set off the shadowily trees in the background.  As you can see I used basically the same composition.  

I hadn't painted anything on Arches 140 # cold press for awhile.  It just might be my favorite paper.   

No comments: