If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Elva # 67, 68 and 69



My life has been unusually busy.  My only time to paint has been when we are out, enjoying nature.  Fortunately there has been plenty of time for that.  

These three birds were all painted on location ... the great blue heron was across the river from me and I needed my binoculars  to see him well.  The Canada goose was closer, and the Heermann's gull was really close -- begging French fries from me.  Heermann's gull never look quite right to me.  Who ever heard of a gull with a brown body!  

I love painting on location provided I know I'm going to  have at least half an hour ... which is about what these took.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

...these are gorgeous, Elva. I love all three.

Terry said...

How lovely they all are - and in 30 minutes! Wow! You are fast. In fact, they are magnificent. Love your colors and your drawing skills too!