If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Elva #72 and 73

Sliver of Moon

We were driving back to town just a few days ago when I was struck by the scene.  The sun had just set and the moon was soon to disappear in the West too.  The sky was a murky golden and the pastures dried out and golden brown. The whole scene was warmed by a slight haze of forest fire smoke in the air.   I sketched the idea in my journal and jotted down a few color notes.  

Watercolor on Saunders Waterford 140# cold press.

Fiery Sunrise

Western United States has lots of forest fires going this dry summer.  Fortunately I live west of most of them which means the prevailing winds blows the smoke farther east.  But this morning the winds had switched, bring smoke into the valley where I live.  The sunrise was brilliant!  I had an important date (with two cheetahs) that morning, so I snapped a photo and went on my way.  Thank heavens for cameras.  It is hard to remember such brilliant colors.

Watercolor on Fabriano Artistica white 140# cold press watercolor paper.  

No comments: