If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Elva #70 and 71

This is a flight feather from some kind of woodpecker, probably a hairy woodpecker.  I found it near where we ate lunch on a lovely summer day.  Plein-air.
A spider, I'm still trying to figure out exactly what kind.  I carried my paints, stool, camera down into the woods where I found the spider, but then he moved.  .... so I painted him from the back of my camera.  I was still out in the woods so I suppose it is a plain-air painting.

Both are painted on Aquabee paper .... a nice sketchbook for field work.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I love your spider web - so fresh and real. Also your feather is so nice - I could also touch it. You have such a love of nature that shows through in all of your work!