If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

#24 sunlight on the windowsill

I did this very quick picture for the 20 minute challenge. I was looking out of my bedroom window and suddenly the sun came out from behind the clouds and poured into the bedroom, high lighting this little metal container. I didn't think, just got out my paints and sketch book and quickly painted this picture...the objective was to catch the light! Since the sun in India is really hot I have a bamboo screen to cut the harsh glare, and that's what you see in the background!My initial reaction to this completed picture was that I like it. It made me think that maybe it was the spontaneity of the whole exercise, that I worked more with a feeling than with trying to get accurate lines and exact colours....what do you think?

1 comment:

Elva Paulson said...

I like it too, Brinda. It has a lot of life and light. I think these quick sketches are wonderful for capturing the essence of things ... and we can later incorporate some of that knowledge into more careful paintings.