If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, August 23, 2010

The Wood Duck Box # 54


This is a twenty minute sketch done at one of my favorite dragonfly hunting sites. I did the little ball point pen sketch on Thursday because I was short on time and wanted to try to paint the light on the tree and box after I got home. I was too busy to give it a try.

On Saturday I was back at the same pond and had time for a twenty minute challenge ... only it was hazy by then. But since I had sketched the shadows on Thursday I felt I could capture the light and shadows. I think light can make or break many a painting. I also wanted to capture the wide range of greens, from the chartreuse lichens on the lodgepole snag to the dark greens of the background forest.

1 comment:

Teri said...

I am loving this one Elva! Great technique.