If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Painting #80! - "Blooming Butterfly"


I started sketching this a few weeks ago when the Monarch butterflies were looking for a place to lay their eggs.  Actually, I should say I started sketching this milkweed plant when a butterfly happened along to join in the sketch.
I had a lot of fun painting this and really like it a lot, probably one of my favs.

I have learned something with everyone of these paintings but this one was a major step forward as far as managing values.  I would paint and think it was done until I scanned and looked at the gray tones, then paint some more.  I think I added more color about 4 or 5 times.  I love when I know I made a major step.

1 comment:

Elva Paulson said...

Yes, Teri. The attention to values made it a much richer painting than it might have been. It is a lovely piece.