If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, September 3, 2010

Cheetah Family #59


The blog is also for celebrating milestones. I feel as though I just reached one. A couple of months ago I promised two pieces of art to my fellow docents at Wildlife Safari where I volunteer. We are hosting the annual meeting for the Pacific Northwest Docent Association. Since Wildlife Safari is noted for their cheetah breeding program, it seemed appropriate to draw cheetahs.

This drawing will become a bookmark. There will be some text celebrating the event below the cheetah, but someone else is doing that. Eventually the bookmark will be laminated and will have a little string threaded through the top.

I drew it with a pigma pen, printed it out on watercolor paper, and then added the color.

4 comments:

Claire M said...

Eva - this is a priceless image. I love how you have arranged it to work for the shape of a bookmark. Your talents are perfect for this outreach effort. My favorite is the little guy peeking out from behind.

irinasztukowski said...

Very nice family Elva. I bet the mom is very proud of her cubs.

Thanks,
Irina

Laure Ferlita said...

Congrats on the milestone and on a cool bookmark!

Teri said...

So beautiful and a perfect bookmark. Hmm, and I was just needing a new bookmark, lol So gorgeous Elva.