If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, September 26, 2010

September Moon #65


This moon greeted us when we were driving back from the Oregon Coast last night. I scribbled the idea in my journal and wrote down color notes. ... and had enough sence to paint it on some decent watercolor paper once I got home. I like how there is still a little light left when the moon rises in the fall. Later on it will be pitch black. It is a challenge to get a good edge between the moon and the sky.

Comments anyone?

5 comments:

brincrish said...

Elva
This is such a lovely picture! You have caught the lights so well. I have been trying to paint evening and night scenes, but with little luck....never seem to manage the colour!

Karla said...

captivating!

Teri said...

I got up i the middle of the night last night and this is exactly what I saw also. Beautifully done Elva.

Claire M said...

Wow - this is wonderful!

Elva Paulson said...

Thank you all ....

and Brinda: I mainly used alizarine crimson and a dark blue for everything except the moon. There is a touch of green in some of the trees, but not much. Try a simple scene with these colors.