If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Daytime Moon #63





















I pooped myself out chasing dragonflies ... well, actually I pooped my self out the two days before when the painters came to paint our deck and shed and a lot of stuff had to be moved.

I sat on a log and drew this with my trusty Pelikan pen and waterbrush, all except the sky which I did at home where I had some miskit. Even though it was done in broad daylight, the black and white makes it look like a night scene. When the cresent moon faces up, you know it is daytime. At night the cresent moon faces down.

3 comments:

Debbie Drechsler said...

I like your black and white sketch, Elva! Thank you for the new (to me) information about crescent moon.

Teri said...

What a wonderful subject and so convincingly done.

Kelly said...

...without looking at the moon I felt it was night and could hear the crickets and other night insects in my mind. Very cool.....and I love the fly in the previous post. I've been going through a lot of the back posts to catch up. Everything is gorgeous. Like Teri, I like the idea of doing a bookmark too!!