If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, May 12, 2012

# 34 Getting out!

I was driving through rural Gujarat! We stopped at a level crossing for a long time as the train took its own time to come. It was mid day, hot and very dusty and I was definitely feeling a little cross, so I got out of the car to walk around. Suddenly I noticed this group of women, sitting together, laughing and chatting, dressed in   brightly coloured clothes, bangles jingling, enjoying a wonderful moment...and my mood lifted as I tried to do a quick sketch...tried to capture a moment that was special. This will definitely lead to a much larger painting!

3 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

This is wonderful Brinda, just as it is! I can envision it in the pages of a storybook or a story in a literary magazine. The pure colors and body positions are captivating.

brincrish said...

Thanks Lorrie

Terry said...

You certainly did capture the setting as well as the spirit of these women. I really like your bright colors too.