If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

#39 At the lakes again

Walking in the Lakes early morning at 5.30 am, the light was great and there was a wonderful breeze! It has been so hot and humid that any kind of physical activity seems to be a herculean task! I see this tree every time I go for a walk, but today I loved the light on it from one side, and the extra plants growing on its outstretched limb, a sure sign that the recent showers that we have had are a precursor to the Monsoons, hence so much greenery has suddenly sprung up....Came home and painted the picture from memory...loved the colours! Once again I didn't think just put down what I felt!

3 comments:

Terry said...

It's absolutely beautiful! I love the gnarled trunk and branches. Your mix of greens really is fresh. Where do you live that you are expecting monsoons?

Elva Paulson said...

The gnarly old tree has a wonderful twist. Lots of character.

I'm sorry to hear it is so beastly hot where you are.

brincrish said...

I live in Kolkata in India....and the Monsoons have not hit fully yet....so it remains HOT!!!!