If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Elva #53 and #54

#53  Golden Gate -- Yellowstone National Park

More from Yellowstone .... I really did get a lot of art work done while I was gone.  I just didn't get it posted.  I painted both of these on one of the few days it was warm enough to sit outside and paint.  the first, a view of some of the Golden Gate Rocks just south of Mammoth, was painted from a viewpoint far below the regular highway.  I inked with Pelkian Fount ink first and then added the watercolor.  Painted on Fabriano Artistico cold press watercolor paper, 140#


#54:   This is Orange Springs Mound, just above Mammoth.  The mound is still active.  Water used to flow out of its top, gradually building the mound higher and higher.  Now it flows out of it's side.  I painted this without using ink first, but felt it lacked punch when I got done ..... so I added ink after painting.  

Which do you like better?

1 comment:

Terry said...

Wow - they're beautiful. I really like how the ink gives even more crispness and life to them. Your color shading in yellows and greens is so well done with so much variety.