If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Elva: #55, 56 and 57 Yellowstone Birds


Two sandhill crane paintings in my Pentalic 'Nature Sketch' sketchbook 130# paper.  I know this paper is a little punky, but I thought it would be a good chance to use up some of this paper since sandhill cranes are rather soft in color and detail anyway.

White-throated swifts are one of my favorite Yellowstone birds.  They are the size of swallows but fly even faster.  I never see them perching, just zooming in and out of the cracks in a tall cliff where they nest.  The only way to actually see them is to succeed in photographing them .... a challenge too!

Watercolor in my Stillman and Bird Rough Beta series sketchbook.  

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I love your Sandhill Cranes. The flight shot is so beautiful. the soft colors and shading in both keep bringing me back for more!