If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Elva's #58 and #59


I was sitting next to a little pond when I painted both of these.  Dale had gone for a hike and I knew I had at least an hour to work.  On the first one a dragonfly had just emerged for its nymph stage.  I was still penciling the dragonfly when it flew off.  

Pencil, ink and watercolor in my Aquabee sketchbook.

This very fluffy cattail caught my eye.  Dale was due back anytime, so I worked quickly.  I wanted to keep the cattail soft and fluffy and for it to pop out from its background; and I wanted to experiment with some new water soluble graphite pencils.

  This is a mix of pen and ink, water-soluble graphite colored pencil and watercolor ... in my Aquabee sketchbook.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Very nice. Your dragonfly is so delicate and realistic - like he could fly off the page. Your cattail also is very fluffy and real.