If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Snowy Barn #95


I grew up in Wisconsin -- lots of snow. We usually get a day or two of snow here in Oregon's western valleys. So I miss snow. Yesterday big sloppy flakes floated down off and on all day ... but never stuck for more than a few minutes. But it put me in the mood for snow. The hills around town have snow ... and I know I wouldn't have to go far to find a barn such of this with a nice white pasture.

Painted on Strathmore's Imperial 140# Cold Press .... a nice white paper. Didn't buckle as much as some 140# papers.

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Such a peaceful and beautiful scene, Elva. I can feel that wonderful feeling that comes when you are out in deep snow. I can also hear that magical sound of the snowflakes hitting the accumulated snow...you know that sound...I don't know how to describe it, but I can imagine it when I look at your painting!