If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, March 4, 2012

#29 The golden rickshaw

Sometimes you paint a picture and it makes your heart sing, as it is exactly how you wanted it to be. That's how I feel about my recent painting of the rickshaw. This rickshaw was parked near an old building, whci had just caught the rays of the sun! I loved the colours the rickshaw took on, bathed in the light of the afternoon sun, a golden glow....and I have managed to catch that....so YIPPPPeeee! I am thrilled with this! It didn't take too much time....Around a couple of hours from start to finish, and this time I just let my feelings take over, not try and be too accurate with the details.....and here it is....my golden rickshaw! The interesting thing also was that I just used a very limited palette, just 4 colours, gamboge yellow, burnt sienna, burnt umber and a tiny bit of crimson!

3 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

What a beautiful piece! Sunlight floods in and it looks so spontaneous. Well done.

Unknown said...

I agree with Elva that I love the way you capture the light and spontaneity of the scene without making it look overworked at all. Isn't is a joy to watch your hands do what you mind is feeling with paints and brushes. Sometimes it just works. Thanks for sharing your success.

brincrish said...

Thanks for the comments!