If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, July 19, 2010

#17 Veggies from the fridge!

This was a 'quick' painting. I challenged myself to finish it in 2 hours. Just took out whatever veggies I could find in the fridge....chose a variety of colour and started painting! Stopped at the end of of 2 hours, resisting the temptation to fiddle, and am quite happy with the result. Painting quickly helps me to focus on what really is important.

4 comments:

Teri said...

What a lovely composition and great mix of colors.

Laure Ferlita said...

Can I hire you to tell "Painting quickly helps me focus on what really is important" to my classes?!! I encourage them to use a timer so as not to fiddle and futz around and they think I'm nuts!

Well done, Brinda!

irinasztukowski said...

Wow Brinda, these veggies just dancing their way from the fridge to the dinner table! Great fresh work of art. Thanks, Irina

Elva Paulson said...

This captures the freshness that watercolor has to offer. I'm learning that time limitations can be very useful .... this coming from someone who has spend two weeks on one watercolor painting.