If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, July 26, 2010

# 20 my flowering adenium

I love adenium plants and have a number of them growing in pots. This plant is almost 30 years old and flowers every year in the winter. This year however, it has been flowering throughout. The strange thing is that the flowers have got lighter as the summer has increased. At the moment the flowers just have this bright pink edge whereas in the winter they are almost completely pink!
Nature is amazing isn't it! Such wonders!

2 comments:

irinasztukowski said...

These days you rarely can see pink adenium. The colors are usually richer. Mine didn't want to give me the second bloom this year. I've heard from my Green Thumb friend that you can cut them right after the bloom is gone and place in refrigerator for a few minutes. After that the plant will think that this is a new season and starts blooming again. I really should try it. I want to paint it so much.
Your flowers are very lovely. Thank you Brinda, Irina

Elva Paulson said...

Your painting captures the delicate nature of this lovely flower. ... and I like how well the grey sets off the pink blooms.


A very pretty piece.