If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Painting #69 - Gallardia



The Gallardia are blooming around here and I just had to paint one.
I am laughing at myself painting all these blooms when one of my goals was to improve landscapes.  I think my 'self' is trying to tell me something.
However, I am getting more comfortable using yellow.
And, I learned something from yesterday; I cropped it closer and it looks better.  Thanks.

3 comments:

irinasztukowski said...

I agree, yellow is so tricky. You never know when it will jump like a blob and stop glowing. I found that using less yellow and leave more white paper to glow through is much more benefiting :)
Thanks, Irina (www.IrinaSztukowski.com)

brincrish said...

Teri, This is a great picture....and I love the background. I use yellow sparingly, but I find a very watery wash of lemon yellow, certainly does add light to landscapes.

Elva Paulson said...

Fresh, bright, and beautiful!