If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, January 24, 2011

#20 Fork with Strawberry - Sheryl Hawkins

I wanted to paint this fork and put the strawberry on the end so it wasn't just a fork painting. I painted it for my mom since all that remains of her beautiful set of sterling (thanks to a burglar) is one or two cocktail forks. Now, she will have a watercolor to help remember her silver, and it helped me get in some more practice with the shiny metal surfaces!

Watercolor on 140lb cold pressed paper

4 comments:

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

It's wonderful Sheryl. You paint shiny surfaces so well and the strawberry really pops!

Kelly said...

Yum! Love that juicy-looking strawberry. It's really interesting what a great idea! Your mom must love it.

Claire M said...

Gorgeous! You have captured amazing detail in the silver pattern and I love the bit of red from the strawberry reflecting on the fork. This is so convincing!

Elva Paulson said...

I love the contrast between the strawberry and the fork ... well done.