If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hermit Thrush # 96


I had time to paint a field study today. This hermit thrush is fluffed against the cold and was busy foraging for extra calories this morning. Normally I just catch fleeting glimpses in the woods, or hear their lovely spring singing. Two were in the area and took turns cooperating for me.

Ink and watercolor. Painted in my Aquabee sketchbook (93# paper).

4 comments:

Leone said...

Your paintings are beautiful, they have so much feeling in them. The owl in fight is very mystical.

jyothisethu said...

beautiful picture...

Kelly said...

...you've really captured that hunched-fluffed posture of the thrush. I love it!

brincrish said...

Another lovely picture!