If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

# 55 Brass hanging lamp

I have some wonderful old hanging brass lamps. This one hangs in the doorway which leads out to a space where I have many potted plants, mostly greens! I liked the fact that the lamp was in the shade and the bright sunlight shone on some of the leaves in the background. It was a quick painting, the whole thing took me about an hour....For Christmas my daughter Nafisa gave me two special pens to use with Indian ink so I thought that I would use them with this painting! The more I use ink the more I like the effect! 

3 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

This might be my new favorite of yours. The colors are so bright and fresh and I really like the composition.

brincrish said...

Thanks Elva...I have been inspired to experiment with a pen after seeing your work!

Kelly said...

I love the bright leaves and the deep shadows. This piece is beautiful. I love seeing the green...