If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

#25 & #26 Paris - Sheryl Hawkins




These watercolors are painted from reference photos I took on a trip to Paris a few years ago.  Sometimes, I like to go back through photos I have had for a while and take a fresh look at them.  I have been painting with oils for the last few weeks and they are, for the most part, dark still life paintings.  I love to do them, but it is also nice to get back to the light feel of watercolors!  These were fun to paint and I was happy to get into all the colors.



4 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh, yum! These look good enough to eat!! I love the bright colors on the confections...and the shading is beautiful on the bread...

Dora Sislian Themelis said...

When I saw these paintings I thought "delicious"!

Claire M said...

These sketches look so fresh and fun, and yes the treats look might tasty. I'm usually overwhelmed when I look at a display of multiple items - but it is interesting to see how you have composed these two paintings. I get a real sense of what you saw. Delightful.

Elva Paulson said...

Yummy. Nice fresh color. Makes my mouth water.