If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Kelly - Painting 10

Watercolor
12x16 Arches Cold Pressed 140 lb Paper

I found this sweet little Sedge Wren hiding in the tall grasses of a local park in August of 2009. I was able to get a few photos of him, but they were poor (they worked just fine as a photo reference, though), so I decided to bring him to life with watercolor. During this summer and early fall, I watched for him every time I was in the meadow, but he never returned. He's a bit of a rarity in our area, so who knows if I'll ever see him there again.

3 comments:

Mermaid's Palette said...

Kelly, I love the soft colors and you really did a nice job with the feathery texture!
Sheryl

Claire M said...

This little guy is absolutely adorable. I really get the sense of his feathers in the coloring and texture. The shading on the branch is very convincing and his eye is perfect! I get the sense that he is looking right at me out of the corner of his eye.

Kelly said...

Thanks, Sheryl and Claire!