If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Lorrie #17 - Snowy Plovers Hiding

Snowy Plovers hiding among beach debris, watercolor 6 x 9 inches.

I hadn't noticed these tiny shore birds as I walked right through a band of debris along the sand. But when one of them moved (chasing another and ousting it from a hiding spot), I began to notice that they were everywhere! I sat among them to paint and watched how they often booted each other out of depressions in the sand (which actually were footprints... something that people are good for, I suppose). How many plovers can you find?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

...Lorrie, this is really cool! I love the idea of hidden birds, and you hid them so well. I can just imagine what it was like to walk past and see them appear before your eyes as they moved!