If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, May 12, 2011

#s 9 and 10 Kristin, animals from conservation center

young Musk Ox
two Kodiak Bear cubs

7 x 11" , gouache and pen on illustration board
(c) 2011, klink

I took the photo references I used for these paintings the same sunny day as the moose painting I did last week. Again it was fun to paint animals that I got to observe from life for a while. When I go back next time I hope to have more time to sketch from life, and then work from photos and sketches.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

...these are amazing, Kristin! I lvoe the expression on the bear, and the way you've used pen to highlight the watercolors.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Musk Ox has never looked so adorable. Very appealing combination of watercolor and line (pen or pencil?). Love the unusual critters. More please! (only if you wish of course!)