If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Kristin #34, finishing from memory

Matcharak Lake, 5 x 8"
watercolor and pen

This was a true excercise in painting from memory because I only had about half of the pencil sketch done before the plane came to pick us up. I wanted to finish it to see what I could remember from sitting and looking at a scene for a couple of minutes, and because I want to work from that place for another painting. I think this sketch has kind of a unique feel since I didn't have the chance to fill in all of the details.

2 comments:

theconstantwalker said...

I have just had a lovely browse around your blog...
I reaaly like your artwork... many thanks for sharing.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Kristin, the yellow does so much to add yet another layer of character to this terrain. Love those rugged peaks!