If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Liz # 60, 61 and 62 all 12x12 oil on Panel plein air Acadia N

As the sun was setting tonight I braved the mosquitos and went for the sunset on the rocks on Hadley point Beach. There is a brilliant green seaweed and bits of sky reflected off the granite and pebbly beach. The mossys won but I did get great pictures for the winter studio time.

Afternoon at the Eagle Lake boat ramp. A quick painting of the splotches of sunlight on the rocks in contrast to the deep leaves. I spent way too much time getting the values and colors of the mountains behind, and edited out trees on the left which would have added more contrast to the rocks.



Back to Thompson Isalnd morning light on the trees, lots of linseed oil , and I was not patient enough to wait for it to dry so the light on the left is glare.





4 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

Very nice!

Claire M said...

You've been busy. I like how you are able to capture the highlights in these paintings. Very nice.

Lorrie Klosterman said...

These are great compositions. I especially like the arrangement of the conifers (last one in this group).

Lorrie Klosterman said...

I mean the conifers in the middle ground plus the deciduous trees (are they?) in the foreground : )