If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, September 19, 2011

Peach at the Beach-#32

Peach at the Beach #32 (c)2011 Dora Sislian Themelis
7x10 Watercolor
Beating resistance has been my toughest job ever. Taking on this 100 paintings challenge, and the idea of painting for only twenty minutes has kept me responsible and accountable. Rather than let too much time pass without painting (resistance mode) I know I must post here and I can stay in the game in a short time frame. I don't have to work on one painting all day long.

Moving away from painting from life every session has also helped. I wanted to paint these items at the beach last week, but without clean water (didn't want to use ocean water, or my iced coffee) I took photos and painted when I returned home. And for only twenty minutes. The piece here was finished at another short session, maybe ten minutes more. Done.

2 comments:

liz Cutler said...

Love how you got the peach to pop visually and remain luscious. Nice variety of color and texture.

Unknown said...

This has such amazing freshness, especially for being painted from a photo. I can feel the bright sunlight.