If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, February 16, 2012

#7 Sailing ~ Camille

This was taken from a sketch from my travel sketchbook.  It was from Mexico and warm and sunny, but I decided to make it an Oregon painting...a few trees, a little fog, all-weather sailors and a rocky shore.  I was pleased to go back in on the sky three or four times and darken it up.  I do want to clear my washes up a bit.  I painted this on 140# Arches.

4 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

Lets go sailing off into the sunset together, Camille. Your painting is very inviting.

Unknown said...

I love how the ocean fades into the sky. Nice subtle lighting.

Kelly said...

I love the softness and watery feel. Beautiful...

Claire M said...

Very peaceful painting. Makes me want to go out for a sail.