If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Claire painting 7: Kodak Moment

A bit of sadness and nostalgia swept over me as I read that Kodak has decided to stop making cameras. What? Even though I knew that they had lots of competition in cameras, the news still came as a bit of a surprise to me... Kodak had been synonymous with 'cameras' for so many years. My own memories came flooding back to me of my first camera -- a little Kodak Instamatic 104. I reflected more on my camera and Kodak over at my blog.

I know this isn't much of a "painting", but I sure had fun with it - so much so that I stayed up til 12:30 am waiting for the paint to dry.

2 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Yes, I remember Kodak cameras and all that you describe. Loved those flash cubes! You've done a lovely job of honoring this little miraculous camera (as it was, at the time).

Elva Paulson said...

My first Kodak was even older -- a 'Brownie.' Yes, it is sad to see a brand/product that was so important coming to an end. Wonderful little painting to remember the cameras.