If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Kelly - Painting 15

(oil pastel)

I did this chickadee painting after taking a winter walk for the Great Backyard Bird Count. I wanted to create something fast and "in the moment," so I decided to use oil pastel. I didn't start with a pencil drawing--I just jumped in with the crayons. When I do that, detail never has a chance to creep in, and there's always lots of energy.

3 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Fuzzy and fun. This is a great texture for fluffiness of that chickadee. Looks like this medium and energy of approach would be fun for grasses as well?

Claire M said...

Boy it looks like you are having fun experimenting with different mediums. You sure do keep busy!

liz Cutler said...

I love the energy, the pressure from the pastels pushing color to the sides of the marks makes it look like a monoprtint.