If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Friday, February 26, 2010

My Fiddler Crab - Claire 18

I chuckled as I started a recent assignment for my Trip to the Beach class. We were to sketch some "Beach Bugs" and the assignment introduced us to Fiddler Crabs. Sketching this crab sure was a different experience for me ... it was not an image I would have chosen myself. As such, I felt a little out of my comfort zone. But, sometimes it is good to get out of my comfort zone and try something different. The experience taught me about Fiddler Crabs and gave me a chance to think about beach bugs in new ways.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Claire, I absolutely love this crab! Great shadow under it too. My fav to date.

Elva Paulson said...

This is one of my favorites too! The shadow, the form, the colors. The little guy is ready to pinch!

Kathy said...

This is great, Claire---I definitely *heart* him, too ; )!

Laure Ferlita said...

Hey! He's waving back!! This is fun, Claire!!