If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Painting #21 - Singer

I have had this image from Wet Canvas for at least a year and finally felt I could tackle it.  He is such an interesting-looking character and my haiku challenge made him perfect for 'hymn'.
I am putting my first session below because it shows me how important a background is.  After I put the background in I darkened everything else up and like it much better.
I saw Krista do this 'before and after' on her house and found it so interesting that I had to do it also.
Here is the haiku I wrote for the image:


Look at him singing
Putting heart and soul in it
A hymn of beauty

4 comments:

Kelly said...

...I really like how you've darkened everything up. It brings your painting to life. Very cool subject. Love the reflected colors in his beard.

Kathy said...

This is really cool, Teri! Great skin tones~~

Laure Ferlita said...

What a difference! Excellent job on the skintones and the beard!

K said...

oh yes, Teri, the background does make a difference here! And I love this guy, you did an excellent job on him.