If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Kristin 63 and 64. Winter Evenings

Both of these are from the evening, though they came out more similar than they should have, maybe because I worked on them close together and the paint was still on my palette from one when I started the other. They are just some more simple quick sketches from memory from January evenings. I am loving looking at and trying to remember the winter light, which is so unique. 
 This second one is from later in the night, or at least it was a lot darker because we had just had a big storm that was slowly clearing. The lights from the ski resort made the snow a reddish color, which was completely different from the pink of the sky above, but ended up looking more like early evening. Oh well. 

3 comments:

Claire M said...

Very nice on both of them. It is hard for me to think about painting snow. I really like how you have captured it.

Kelly said...

...you've really captured the reflected glow of the moon on the snow. I love the quiet and blue/purple cast of early evening in the snow. I feel that when I look at these paintings.

Elva Paulson said...

Beautiful colors in both of these. Snow scenes can look dreary, or full of life. These have wonderful life.