If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, June 21, 2010

#6. Aloe Vera

I did this as a quick painting for the Cactus Monday Challenge to which I belong. I was glad to know that aloe vera belonged to the cactus family! This plant sits in my veranda in this misshapen pot and has grown from a tiny shrub to this size. It was quite a challenge to try and get the thickness of the leaves and the spikes on the sides! Water colour

4 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

You've capture the thick, succulent character of the aloe vera. Good job

Anonymous said...

I found your blog while checking out my sisters blog and wanted to say that I really enjoyed your posts and your paintings - I've recently embarked on my own artful diversion with a 30 paintings in 30 days challenge for myself - it makes me smile to see others passionate as well - thanks for the smiles :)

Laure Ferlita said...

This looks sunlight, Brinda! Beautiful work!

Kelly said...

...I love the depth and colors. So pretty....