If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Beta Male of the Canyon Pack # 30



I didn't succeed in drawing 100 'Yellowstone Dogs' before we got to Yellowstone, but I got close. I think the practice helped a lot when it came time to draw a wolf.

This is the beta male of the Canyon Wolf Pack. I drew it from a photo I took right through the windshield. I penciled first, then inked with my Pelican fountain pen and finally added watercolor.

For more about the encounter go to my blog.

2 comments:

Teri said...

You are definitely the wolf expert! This is just FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laure Ferlita said...

I do believe this is one of my favorites, Elva. Love the concentration you've captured in the wolf's face and the shadowed mouth.