If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, June 21, 2010

Painting #65 View Through The Cactus


I have painted this cactus before but this time I wanted to try the water-soluble ink with it (any excuse will do :).  I added the watercolor when the ink was dry.  However, my main purpose was to look through the hole of the cactus to surrounding landscape because that is what caught my interest in the first place.

I find myself setting little challenges, those "I wonder if I could..." and then jump in and try.  They are not always successful but I know I tried and always learn from successes and from failures.

4 comments:

Teri said...

Oops, I tried to prepost this and it got away from me.

Elva Paulson said...

New challenges are so good for us. It looks as though you had the forsight to leave the spines until after you painted the green. Good job.

Laure Ferlita said...

Funny you mention challenges, Teri, I seldom paint without some type of challenge anymore. This is very nicely done. I like the depth as well as the "fullness" you've captured in the cactus itself.

brincrish said...

I like the depth as well...and the spikes have come out so splendidly...something to remember when I next paint a spiky cactus!