If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Painting #60 - An Experiment


I have been reading "Watercolor, The Spirit of Spontaneity' written by Karlyn Holman and this is one of the exercises she suggested trying.  It is called 'designing with three white corners'.
You tape over any three corners in any design and paint the rest.  I also combined it with wet-in-wet and tried to see what kind of design I could make of it.  It got a little wild but I really like the three open corners.
I painted into them a little and added a bee.
Fun exercise.  I'm looking forward to trying it again.

Just for grins, I did a wet-in-wet with this painting that wasn't working out the way I wanted.  Now I like it lots better.

1 comment:

padmaja said...

Liked both the water colors.. the first one with open corners is a real nice idea to a different feel. though I dont think I would have added the bee there.. the second one is marvelous.. the splatter has added a nice dimension and the contrast in colors is a visual treat!