If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Arc de Triomphe - Claire 25

<<< Note:  don't know why.... but I decided to do something different this time... >>>


Another one from my Imaginary Trip to Paris class:
When I go traveling it always seems like I'm going 100 miles per hour to pack in as much as possible. By the time we got to the Arc de Triomphe it was already evening!!  But, even at dusk there was no mistaking where we were. There was the famed Arc de Triomphe standing in all its grandeur even in the dim light as the sun set behind it. The view grabbed my attention as all the tourists stood out as silhouettes against the Arc in the background. 


Reference photo from GoogleMaps:

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I love the black and white! It's very cool...

Kathy said...

This is really nice, Claire. I'm glad you decided to do something different---it works ; )!

Elva Paulson said...

What a great way to tackle such a well known monument.

Teri said...

It really gives the illusion of being dusk by not using color. Wonderful job on this.

Margaret said...

You really captured the awe and splendor of this monument!