If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Painting #35 White Camel


My granddaughter spent some time in Syria last year and took a photo of a white camel.  I found it fascinating and knew I had to paint it.  First of all it's white and unusual.  The tassels around the neck are so delightful and I love the saucy look on his face.

I purposely kept the background quiet so the focus is all camel.
A fun painting for me.

4 comments:

Elva Paulson said...

Love your camel. He has an attitude as all good camels should!

Kathy said...

I love him, too, Teri! Great job with his expression--I especially like the eye--it is a great focal point. The tassels are beautiful and really stand out. How amazing it must have been for your granddaughter to see this guy in person!

Kelly said...

...how fun....I love that eye and the tassels are so cool. I like the almost negative space of the camel. Very cool...

Laure Ferlita said...

I just recently photographed a camel - he's not white, but perhaps I need to get him out and paint him. Well done, Teri!