If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Kelly - Painting #19, Painting #20, and Painting #21 - Studies of an English House Sparrow in the Snow




In an effort to catch up on my challenge paintings, I just knocked off two little English House Sparrows foraging in the snow. Yikes! That sounds terrible, doesn't it? Especially when you consider there are lots of people who really would like to "knock off" English House Sparrows because of all the havoc they have brought to our native cavity nesters. I think they are pretty. They can't help they were brought to another continent and flourished. (I just snuck in a third House Sparrow. Now I'm not quite as far behind. Three more to go, and I'll be back on track!)

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Oh, I love these, Kelly! The expression of the first is so sweet and I love the gesture of the second. I am really liking your brushwork on these latest few birds~~

Teri said...

I am on of those that don't like those house sparrow ( for their meaness to bluebirds) but your painting makes them look wonderful. I love that second one. Just great.

cindyzlogic said...

These are outstanding sketches and watercolors!

carringtonpbrown said...

your birds are amazing especially this sparrow...he might fly in my window at any moment

Denise SCARAMAI said...

I loved all the birds!
are wonderful, truly shows the strength and delicacy who endured!
His works are very good!
congrat!

Elva Paulson said...

Great capture of a bird we love to hate, or take for granted. They are wonderful to watch ... and full of such cheerful chitter.