If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Trees #11 and #12

May peace and happiness fill your homes during this Christmas season.

I enjoyed playing around with colors of both of these Christmas tree paintings, and then couldn't decide which one I like best, so I'm posting both. The top one is painted on Pentalic's Nature Sketch 130 # paper. I like how it took the salt. This paper does not take miskit at all well (I only used miskit on the balls and star and it was O.K. for that. Often I end up peeling paper off when I put more miskit on this paper).
This tree is painted on Strathmore Series 400 140# cold press watercolor paper.

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Elva, I love both of these paintings equally. The bunnies are so cute in the first painting, and the salt treatment in the sky and trees (at least I think it's salt!). The second painting is so cool......love its simplicity. Merry Christmas!

Elva Paulson said...

It is salt, Kelly. Thank you for your compliments

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Superb effects with that salt, Elva! I love the second painting also with the purple-to-magenta wash. Is that "purple" indigo? Or Payne's Gray? Or?

Elva Paulson said...

Payne's gray ... Someone very dear to me is horrified I still allow it on my palette ... but I love it!