If you would like to receive encouraging comments on
your artwork, leave encouraging comments for others!

Monday, December 12, 2011

The Milky Way #7

I may be breaking some record for how many challenge paintings anyone has posted in such a short period of time, but I'm taking advantage of being stuck at home.... and most everyone else seems to be getting ready for Christmas instead of posting.

I painted this for my most recent blog post ... trying to capture the Milky Way as seen from my 'bed room window' when we are sleeping in our van.

Painted on Pentalic's Westport Watercolor Block 140# smooth surface. I wouldn't call this paper smooth, but I like the gentle roughness. It takes miskit well (I spattered miskit on for the stars). It is a nice, durable paper.

2 comments:

Lorrie Klosterman said...

Just beautiful Elva. The shapes of the trees are fantastic against that captivating sky. Makes me want to go camping right now!! (except it's cold and rainy). And as for posting, I've noticed we seem to go through waves of lots of posting and then only a little--an ebb and flow.

liz Cutler said...

I have been wrestling with painting at night to capture exactly what you have here. Great Job on the variety of values in the trees and the brillance of the stars.